BG Parks & Recreation Foundation
1291 Conneaut Avenue
Bowling Green OH 43402
Join us on 9/27/13 for The 18th Annual Wine & Cheese Social with Live & Silent Auction!
Interested in Joining?
Click below to view the Foundation brochure which includes a
membership enrollment form. Learn about member events, accomplishments
and how you can be a part of the Foundation.
Bowling Green Parks & Recreation Foundation Membership Brochure
Ann Beck, Ellen Dalton, Maggie Fawcett, Sharon Gargasz, Enrique Gomezdelcampo, Michelle Grigore, Hal Hanna, Charles Harper, Martha Mazzarella, Tom Milbrodt, Nancy Spence, Margaret Tucker, Kristin Vessey, and Cheryl Windisch (Parks & Recreation Board Representative).
Thousands of Bowling Green residents enjoy our community parks and recreation centers every year, as well as the many activities and programs designed to serve their interests. In response to the growing desire for more beautiful parks and additional recreation programs, the charitable nonprofit Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation was established in 1992.
Through memberships, tax-deductible donations, Annual Wine and Cheese Social & Auction, and other events, the Foundation provides additional financial support for the recreational, environmental, and educational programs and projects of the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Department. Accomplishments include:
- Spearheading the purchase of 7.5 acres of land adjacent to the Bordner Meadow that was developed into the Twyman Trail.
- Placing new interpretive signs and throughout the Nature Preserve and developing handouts for the visiting public.
- Purchasing interior lighting and carpeting for the Nature Center; software for financial record keeping.
- Outfitting the Nature Room and Window on Wildlife.
- Hosting the Foundation Spring Breakfast and Annual Meeting.
- Purchasing the wonderful BBQ grill for Foundation and Department use.
- Purchasing the youth Start Smart football equipment.
- Obtaining and tuning donated pianos for park buildings.
- Financially supporting the successful BG Parks and Recreation levies.
- Financing the Simpson Garden Park Feasibility Study and providing start-up money for various active committees and leading a $700,000 capital campaign for development and endowment of the garden park.
- Constructing a successful $480,000 grassroots campaign to purchase 19.6 acres of land adjacent to the Nature Preserve.
- Hosting the annual Wine & Cheese event raising thousands of
dollars for land acquisition for athletic fields and other
- Allocating funds toward facility improvements, program supplies and equipment, and a host of other programming and park facility needs.
With your help, everything you loved as a child - baseball on hot summer days, running barefoot through the park, playing basketball or even learning to dance - is assured to be available to all of us.
Simply put, providing the kinds of parks, recreation facilities, and programs that the people of Bowling Green want the most often cost more than the city can afford. This is why the Bowling Green Parks and Recreation Foundation needs your help.
Your dollars go towards enhancing these open spaces, facilities and programs - and, in turn, help build a stronger community. Member benefits include a spring breakfast, summer picnic and concert, and other activities throughout the year. HELP SUPPORT YOUR PARKS.