EcoSmart Choice Program
EcoSmart Choice is a “Green Pricing” program offered through American Municipal Power (AMP) and Bowling Green Municipal Utilities
100% Renewable Energy Product
• EcoSmart Choice is a 100% renewable energy product, available only to customers of participating AMP member communities.
• Program is open to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
• Renewable energy certificates (RECs) from wind, hydroelectric, or landfill gas projects will be purchased and retired to support the EcoSmart Choice program.
· By participating in the EcoSmart Choice program, customers help stimulate the demand for new renewable energy facilities, thus reducing their carbon footprint and providing for a cleaner, healthier, and safer energy supply.
· An average customer participating in the program can offset 8,500 pounds of CO2 emissions each year – the equivalent of not driving your car 10,000 miles.
· A portion of the program cost supports renewable energy and energy efficiency projects in our community
· Residential customers pay a small amount more each month to join the program and help change the way power is made. The extra cost is $.007 per kWh, about $8-$10 per month for the average residential customer.
· Commercial customers can purchase the green power in one-megawatt-hour blocks to meet all or part of their electric demand. The blocks cost an additional $7 each.
• The EcoSmart Choice program is available immediately.
• Customers may opt out at any time with no penalty.
Customer Sign-up Options
• Contact Bowling Green Municipal Utilities at (419)354-6255, via email at email@example.com, or at www.bgohio.org.
• Customers can easily enroll and will continue to be billed by Bowling Green Municipal Utilities as usual.